Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear California: We miss 70 degree winters.

So winter is officially here and I'm not sure I like it.  We finally got Ben a pair of gloves, so that helps a bit, but I still need some shoes with good grip, and our car is making strange noises.  Ben and I have each had two scary driving incidences where we continue straight too long after we've turned the steering wheel.  Luckily, we haven't had any accidents and we will continue to drive at about 5mph when snow is visible.  Also, our apartment is a little drafty...


School also started this week!  This update is much more fun than the previous one.  School is CRAZAY, but, again, more fun (not to mention warm).  I am taking Costume Rendering, Costume Design, Period Pattern Making, and Renaissance and Baroque Theatre (essentially, an 8-week intensive on Moliere).  So basically: drawing, drawing, pattern making in 1/2 scale (think toddler-sized, it's super cute), and lots and lots of reading.  I am also designing "Waiting for Lefty" for Ivy Tech, the Junior College in town.  And it has all revved up immediately; none of this starting slow business.  Things are serious this semester, and I have to stay on top of my game.  Thanks to my friend, Kala, I can keep this video as my inspiration to keep going (and going, and going...)

Ben has his first magic gig this coming Saturday!  The child of a lady Ben worked with in "Shakespeare's Ear" is having a birthday party and his mom asked Ben to perform!  And he's getting paid!  This could be the start of something wonderful.  Ben is getting pretty good and keeping all our friends entertained.  The best is when he pulls trick after trick out of his coat pockets when they least expect it. So this week, he'll be compiling his "set list" of sorts, and rehearsing.  I'll try to get some footage if I can.

This is the IU Auditorium (not the theatre department).  Performance tours come here, like "Shrek, the Musical".  This building is directly West of where I work, and -while connected to- is not a part of IU Theatre Department.

This also is not the theatre in which I work, but rather the cinema that is nestled between the IU Auditorium and the actual Theatre Department building.

 Now, this is where I work!  The actual theatres (there are two spaces) are on the East-facing side of this building (just around the corner at the end).  Those first four lit windows on the second floor?  That's the costume shop!  and where you will most likely find me.  Anytime.  Day or night.

PS - two posts in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Driving; if you're slipping around remember to shift into a lower gear. You can do it! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...